Railroad Industry Attorneys
For nearly a century, Dickie McCamey has been representing Class I and Short Line railroads in all aspects of the law. This established tradition continues today with Dickie McCamey providing legal counsel and litigation defense to rail carriers in matters ranging from:
- FELA lawsuits
- Trespassing incidents
- At-grade road crossing accidents
- Damage to railroad property, trains, and cars
- Cargo and in-transit claims
- Passenger injury
- Train operation noise and vibration complaints
- Toxic tort and fume exposure
- Repetitive stress, whole-body vibration, and hearing loss
- Effective investigation of railroad-related accidents
- Federal Railroad Administration compliance and investigation
- National Transportation Safety Board investigations
- OSHA compliance and investigations
- Surface Transportation Board proceedings
- Indemnity and contribution for third-party harm to railroad employees and assets
- Federal and state public utility commission regulatory issues
- Record retention responsibilities and policies
In short, Dickie McCamey covers the entire spectrum of legal issues facing the nation’s railroads.
Railroads are not confined to one jurisdiction and neither is Dickie McCamey — our lawyers possess extensive railroad-related trial experience, appearing in hundreds of jurisdictions in state and federal courts across the northeastern and midwestern United States. Dickie McCamey’s regional presence enables our lawyers to quickly respond to our railroad clients’ needs, whenever and wherever those needs arise.
The Railroad Law, Litigation and Regulatory Counsel Group’s assets are not merely comprised of lawyers well versed in the trial of railroad-related claims. With its front-line training and experience in railroading, the Group is regularly retained immediately after an event to coordinate accident investigation efforts. Further, with membership in many of the leading associations devoted to serving the Railroad Industry’s interests, the Group keeps abreast of cutting-edge developments in the Industry and regularly provides educational and training assistance on these advancements.
In the regulatory realm, our lawyers work side by side with railroad legal departments to interact with public utility commissions on safety issues and the handling of crossing protection and closure proceedings. Our lawyers further counsel railroads on municipal matters, code compliance, legislative initiatives, and more.
Dickie McCamey remains dedicated to working with each of its valued railroad clients to provide high-caliber, focused, professional legal representation designed to meet the unique needs of those fueling and fostering the nation’s growth and prosperity — the Railroad Industry.
To learn more about how Dickie McCamey’s Railroad Law, Litigation and Regulatory Counsel Group can assist with your needs, please contact
|In the Northeast:
Scott D. Clements
Forrest A. Norman
|Central/Southern Ohio: |
R. Leland Evans