Duquesne University School of Law, J.D. (2013)
College of Wooster, B.A. (2009)
Genevieve A. Pecharka
Two PPG Place, Suite 400
Genevieve A. Pecharka is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. She concentrates her practice in the areas of energy law, mineral law, and real estate, with a particular emphasis in oil and gas. Ms. Pecharka also possesses a background in preparing oil, gas and mineral title opinions.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Pecharka worked as a title abstractor and title reviewer with a national land management corporation. Her industry experience began in law school where she performed and directed base title searches for legal clinic clients, participated in mock oil and gas lease negotiations, and studied recent developments in local and national oil, gas and mineral laws.
While in law school, she was a graduate assistant to Dean Nicholas P. Cafardi, a law clerk for the Pennsylvania Commission on Sentencing, and an intern at the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas Orphan’s Court and Family Division (Pro Se) and the Allegheny County Law Department.
Ms. Pecharka is actively involved in the firm’s pro bono programs, including the Best Interest Attorney program, the Sharpsburg Clinic, and the PFA program, and is a member of the Pro Bono Committee. She was one of six nominees for the firm’s 2015 David B. Fawcett Pro Bono Service Award. Through the Allegheny County Bar Foundation, she also assists indigent clients with name changes, citizenship status changes, and custody disputes.
- David B. Fawcett Pro Bono Award – 7th Annual Recipient (awarded based upon a combination of hours dedicated to pro bono work and the results obtained in performing that work)
- Prepared and reviewed title opinions for several exploration and production companies, including division order title opinions; drilling tracts and horizontal tracts; heirships and fractional interests; surface, coal, and oil and gas opinions; due diligence projects; and complex leasehold chains
- Assist regional oil and gas companies with research for a pipeline easement dispute, railway acquisitions, coal, and mineral purchases
- “Networking Your Way to Career Success” (Panelist), Duquesne University School of Law, 1/26/2017
- “Evaluating The Validity Of Oil And Gas Form Leases In Ohio” (Co-Author), Law360.com website, 1/22/2016
- “Central Registration of Body Art Facilities and Licensure of Body Artists” (Author) – chosen as Outstanding Faculty-Supervised Course Paper, Duquesne School of Law, Spring 2013 (http://law.duq.edu/sites/default/files/documents/StudentLife/OutstandingPapers/2013-Pecharka-Body-Art-Facility-Licensure.pdf)
Admissions and Licenses:
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division: Public Service Committee, Women in the Law Division, and LGBT Rights Committee Chair-Elect)
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section and Environment, Energy, and Resources Section)
- Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs – Three Rivers Chapter (Corresponding Secretary)
- Duquesne Law Alumni Association
- Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force
- Renaissance City Choir
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law (2013); Criminal Law Journal (Case Notes Editor); SBA Vice President (Day Division); Urban Development Clinic (Student Manager)
- B.A., College of Wooster (2009), cum laude, English; Independent Study Honors; Phi Alpha Theta (History Honors); Jean Waterbury Howlett Scholarship; Theatre Scholarship; Scot Band and Wooster Symphony Orchestra